Monday, July 30, 2007

A very avuncular day!

I am an uncle now twice over!


Zachary Matthew Anthony Lockett was born this morning at 9:15, weighing in at a quite respectable 8lb, 8oz. Michelle is doing very well and recovering nicely; Matthew is overcoming the new father coronary.

Isn't he perfect?


It makes me very sad that I can't be there like I was for Morgan. I'll be back in TO in a couple of weeks though, so I won't have to wait too long to meet my new nephew.

My brother defies the laws of nature. It still amazes me that this:


Somehow had a hand in the creation of this:

And this:

Sort of makes you believe in the stork all over again, doesn't it? Or at least in my sister-in-law's uber-genes ...

8 comments:

Nikki Stafford said...

LOL!! Congratulations, Uncle Chris! And congrats to your brother and sis-in-law, too. He's absolutely adorable. ;)

Nikki Stafford said...

The baby, I mean. ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again Uncle C!

Unknown said...

What do you mean "this?"

I am just a this now? Well I guess that is a step up. :)

Zach is looking forward to meeting you. See you soon sucka'.

Anonymous said...

I think natural selection plays a big part: grandparent genes RULE!!!!! DAD

Ashley Paine said...

I was browsing your blog with my husband because we are Originally from Ontario ourselves and will be moving to St John's in October. We couldn't stop laughing at your comments about your brother. Gorgeous nephew, congratulations!

Danielle said...

I've been browsing your site for a couple weeks now and since your becoming an uncle (twice over) inspired a little creativity in me, I thought I would personally Congratulate you on the beautiful nephew!

Anonymous said...

Waiting patiently to hear your comments on the last Harry Potter. I took your pop culture class where we read the first one.