Sunday, June 17, 2012

Middle Cove

It occurred to me that it has been a very, very long time since I've had anything to or show about this blog's original raison d'etre, i.e. life in Newfoundland.

I will attempt to correct that as the summer progresses and we (fingers crossed) have better weather for landscape shots.

Today has been absolutely beautiful, so we went for a hike along the northern part of the East Coast Trail. The following pictures are from the Silver Mine Head Path, going north from the beautiful Middle Cove:

Middle Cove Beach, seen from the trail.
Newfoundland is a hiker's paradise, doubly so because you don't have to travel far at all. Middle Cove is just a fifteen to twenty minute drive from our house. I'll post more pictures when the capelin run.

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

Well, please allow me to start with the following:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Gorgeous.

As I will be traveling to Newfoundland in less than three weeks, you have given me additional reasons for excited anticipation. Thank you.