Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thanks for clearing that up, Scottish socks ...

If you're anything like me, the details of the recent Wall Street meltdown make you curl up in the fetal position and moan ... not so much because of the fear of economic catastrophe (I am, after all, a tenure-track professor in the one Canadian province showing economic growth and rising real estate values), but because the whole morass of misdeeds that led to this is so bizarre and opaque to my non-economically-inclined-mind that it makes me slightly seasick when I try to think through it.

Fortunately, there are those capable of explaining these things to those such as myself. I am, as always, referring to Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppets:



So there you are: the financial meltdown explained in high-pitched brogues.

And if I may briefly return to my above comment about living in the one economically sound province with rising real estate values while holding the one genuinely recession-proof job? HA!

1 comment:

andrew.dewaard said...

Tony Soprano: Sil, break it down for ‘em. What two businesses have traditionally been recession-proof since time immemorial?

Silvio Dante: Certain aspects of show business and our thing.