Monday, February 08, 2010

A post to embarrass my father

So, the Super Bowl was yesterday, and apparently one team beat another. One team did more of the thing that they were supposed to do and took home a trophy of some description. Well done. Well done, I say!

(Make you a dead, Dad -- I'll take real football seriously when you finally get around to watching the DVDs of season one of Friday Night Lights I loaned you in November).

And on the topic of fictional football -- Slate imagined what the Super Bowl would be like if it were directed by a bunch of cinema auteurs. Watch:

5 comments:

WJM said...

Did the Super Bowl go to extra innings, or do they decide such things in a shootout?

Chris in NF said...

It's my understanding that when the score was tied at Q to 12, they settled the game with the traditional dance-off.

WJM said...

That shouldn't have happened, since Sunday was Opposite Day.

Chris in NF said...

And here I thought only Stephen Harper played Calvinball any more ...

Anonymous said...

Not embarrassed but still haven't watched the DVD's.....but I will.....soon? DAD